Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Ipod interface options

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod interface options

Posted this in the general tech section, but was advised to post it here as well, so here goes...

Deciding to get an Ipod for my 07 Avalanche with nav/dvd. Has XM radio and the Bose system. I am currently looking at 2 units to interface the Ipod and was wondering if anyone had experience with either device or a different device all together. Here are the device links...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140091111686&f romMakeTrack=true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=S TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=17008689369 3&rd=1&rd=1

Seems like both devices would work about the same, but was wondering about any experiences anyone has had.

Can I use the steering wheel controls?
Can I access ALL playlists and albums on the ipod using the nav screen or the steering wheel controls?
Assuming both units use the XM input, how do I "toggle" between the XM and the ipod?
Will I be able to replay movies from my ipod on the front and/or rear screen from thisor just audio files?

Thanks
Bill [align=right][/align]
Old March 5th, 2007, 3:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Ipod interface options

ttt
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:09 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, do a search before posting.

You will NOT be able to see ALL of your playlists with these units.

Read this ENTIRE thread, what you're lookin' for is close to the end of it. It should help you out a bit. https://chevroletforum.com/m_16709/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old March 6th, 2007, 1:28 AM
CF Junior Member

I know that I will only be able to access the top 25 or so lists, but will I be able to scroll those when driving?
Old March 6th, 2007, 2:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have the Peripheral one. It worked great for a few days, then I got a distorted sound, so I sent it back for replacement. I haven't received the replacement yet from autotoys.com. The playlists do work and you can scroll through them while you are driving. I don't have the Nav radio, just regular w/ XM. That one on ebay doesn't have the harness to hook up to the XM radio, so I wouldn't buy that one b/c it won't work unless you have the harness.
Old March 6th, 2007, 2:34 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: swatson1

I have the Peripheral one. It worked great for a few days, then I got a distorted sound, so I sent it back for replacement. I haven't received the replacement yet from autotoys.com. The playlists do work and you can scroll through them while you are driving. I don't have the Nav radio, just regular w/ XM. That one on ebay doesn't have the harness to hook up to the XM radio, so I wouldn't buy that one b/c it won't work unless you have the harness.
Can you also scroll through the albums, genre, and artist categories while driving or just the playlists?
Can you buy the harness separate or is it a bundled package?
How was the installation? Any pearls?

Thanks
Bill
Old March 6th, 2007, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, you can scroll through albums, genres and the harness is packaged with it. Installation was so easy, takes 5 minutes (just unplugging and plugging in).
Old March 7th, 2007, 7:57 PM
CF Senior Member

You won't be able to scroll them in motion though unless you're using the GMLockPick.
Old March 7th, 2007, 9:21 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: TMW597

You won't be able to scroll them in motion though unless you're using the GMLockPick.
Will I be able to scroll through the songs in an individual playlist or album?
Old March 7th, 2007, 9:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Yes! But only while you're stopped. Not in motion.

Quick Reply: Ipod interface options