Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Jon, New Member, 2005 Suburban, 1994 Camro RIP :(

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2017, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jon, New Member, 2005 Suburban, 1994 Camro RIP :(

Obviously from the subject line my name is Jon. My first vehicle when i was 16 was a 1994 Camaro v-6 5 speed. Loved it. Unfortunately I wrecked it, imagine that but, hold on, I had it for about 2 and half years. Fast forward almost two decades, now i drive a suburban and have my eyes set on a 1st gen rebuildable salvage car. I'm a machinist who doesnt believe in mechanics. I want somethingI built myself that I can repair myself. My long term goal is to build a first gen camaro from a salvage car. my goal for tonight though is to quit yealling ther F word through my neighbor hood.

My suburban has automatic climate control.
I confirmed the blower motor by straight wiring it to the battery.
I ordered a AC Delco HVAC control unit for the dash, so thats brand new.
The blower motor control unit should be in like new condition. I bought it 2 years ago, replaced the old one and it never worked so, I figured that wasnt the issue.
So, for over 2 years now I havent had A/C or heat in my suburban.
Tonight I rigged up an Arduino micro controller to replicate the 0v-5v signal wire to the blower controller.
Still doesnt work. Thats why I am yelling F*** through my neighborhood tonight.
The buttons on the dash are new, the speed controller is like new, the motor is confirmed, the arduino is debugged and tests good on the signal voltage but, still no blower.
I am so extrememly mad right now that I joined a chevy forum just to vent and hopefully get some reccomendations on what to do next.
Everything is in perfect working order. all parts are confirmed good. All connections are confirmed as made. It cant not work. yet, it doesnt.

Last edited by JonLotto; December 1st, 2017 at 10:03 PM.