Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

just bought 07 LS...a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2008, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought 07 LS...a few ?'s

Hey guys I just moved from my Ford F250 to a 2007 Tahoe LS with 24"s already installed. I have so many plans for this beast. I am blacking EVERYTHING out; tail lights, grill, etc. Also putting in leather seats, my own sound system/deck/and speakers.

My question is:
I have a bench seat in the front. I am planning on buying two bucket seats and putting leather on them. I also need to put a center console between them. By the looks of it, the center console is integrated with the dash. Is there a way to buy a console that goes into dash and look like all the other Tahoes?

Another:
Am I able to replace my air condition module with one from an upgraded module that has Auto A/C and a screen, etc?

Another:
answered

Another:
answered

Another:
answered

Another:
answered

Another:
answered

Another:
answered

Finally:
answered

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Deleted answered questions
Old April 7th, 2008, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: just bought 07 LS...a few ?'s

Man, that's a lot of questions. Try doing some searches throughout the forum. I'm pretty new here myself but have found that there are a LOT of people on here that know their stuff.
Old April 7th, 2008, 9:53 PM
CF Active Member

I know some of the answers to your questions.....

Extra Battery Tray- This isn't something that is necessarily integrated in another model however, you can add a second battery. There are a few people on the forum that have added a second batery and I dont think it requires much more than an extra cable.

Debadging - You can remove all the "Tahoe, LS, and GM" letters, there will not be any holes behind them.

Aftermarket remote start - From some of the people on the forum, it sounds as though aftermarket remote start kits can be integrated into your hoe without any problems.

2/3 Drop - From some of the other guys on the forum it seems as though McGaughy's is the best way to go.

Cold Air Intake - This seems like its still up in the air as to which one is best, I love my K&N intake but some other guys swear by their GM Performance intake.

Exhaust - I have flowpro on mine which provides a slight rumble at idle and is noticable whenI get on the gas but not overwhelming. It also has a minial cabin noise.

Throttle Body - There have been a few discussions on throttle body spacers within this forum, but I believe the general concesus it that throttle body spacers are worthless.
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM
CF Beginner

thx man ya that answers a few...but my biggest question is about the center console because I don't know how else I can do it with two captain chairs and then the air condition question.
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Big Chris, congratulations on getting your new truck. The good news is you do not have to change the seats (as far as I know) Apperantly you can just remove LS's center jump seat and you get 2 captain chairs! Also many folks here got their center console from eBay. Please do a search and you will find the threads.
Old April 8th, 2008, 12:52 AM
CF Junior Member

Leather will be nice. Also here are many threads regarding changing cloth to leather. Please search for posts from good member "e"

Adding automatic air-conditioner panel is a little tricky. It is not just changing the panel. There is a thermometer located on top of driver (which has a small fan and need to be added, hence wiring) and also re-programming involved.
Old April 8th, 2008, 1:03 AM
CF Beginner

thanks, but I can't find anywhere a 2007 center console for my vehicle. If I contacted Chevy do you think they would sell me a center console?
Old April 8th, 2008, 4:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Yes, the dealer will sell you, but it will be pricey. Just wait until you find one on eBay.
Old April 8th, 2008, 6:06 PM
CF Active Member

I have '08 LS. The front seats that came with the vehicle made it appearas if the front seat was a bench. In all reality, once the center jumpseat was removed, I had two individual seats.

I replaced the jumpseat with a console I bought on ebay. Fits like a charm. The console is not actually integrated "into" the dash. It just fits snuggly under it.

I then had a local shop install leather on the seats. The consoles areleather so you will not need to replace.
Old April 8th, 2008, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

do you think you can post some picks up? I can't find any center consoles on Ebay and my dealership thought I was crazy when I asked them about it.

Quick Reply: just bought 07 LS...a few ?'s