Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Leather Seat Care

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2006, 2:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Seat Care

After about 270 hours on the engine, my driver seat leather (cashmere) begins to have a dark haze to it due to sitting in it. What is the best care to remove this and try to keep it from forming this dark haze?
Old December 13th, 2006, 5:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Leather Seat Care

They way to stop that is to start sitting in the passenger seat!!! ha-ha I use the Zaino leather cleaner and then the leather conditioner and have had good results. The is no way to prevent this from happening other than a seat cover, kinda defeats the purpose of having leather.
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:08 PM
CF Active Member

I have a black LTZ with the black interior. I have used the Zaino also. It is great. Used it on my '01 Tahoe that had the cashmere also. It showed wear no matter what I did. Had to live with it because of the color.
Old December 24th, 2006, 4:27 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Zymoil (Cleaner and Conditioner) in a F250 (Gray Interior) and Volvo (Beige Interior) with excellent results (returned my seats to looking factory new). The trick is to use the cleaner and the conditioner, also Zymoil recommends heating the leather up before starting the process.