Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LED bulbs

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2021, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED bulbs

Good morning.
looking to upgrade the factory headlights, turn signals and tail light bulbs.
I have no idea where to begin. What would you guys recommend? We really like the blue color headlights.
Is LED?
thanks
Old December 16th, 2021, 9:36 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

Before going through the expense for special lamps, suggest you check with a shop or two that do state inspections . Many states consider certain lamps illegal and some give warnings and some just give tickets.
Old January 4th, 2022, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would wait I have an 08 LTZ Suburban that I replaced the whole front headlight assembly and installed LED lights. the low beam lights can not have the Fans/ controller on the back of the bulb socket. it is ok on the high beams. and now the turn signal lights that is a whole other headache I am dealing with and need help with. I tried the restores with no luck and also no instructions for the Tenth Generation styles. also I Looked for the relays and the Blinker but from what I can tell those ended with the 9th generation. when I got under the dash to listen for were the blinker sound was coming from I heard it coming out of the speaker in the door. so at this point I am at a loss. I am about to go back to incandescent for the turn signal lights to stop the hyper blink. any help on this issue would be good.

Thanks
Old January 5th, 2022, 5:50 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

LED tail or turn lights are not worth it. Nothing to gain over the regular bulbs in lights with colored lenses plus resistors need to be wired in for the turn lights.
Headlight and plate lights are brighter but LED in the high beams do not have the lighting down the road distance of halogens.
I've played with them all. 90% of the LED do not last as long as a regular bulb. They fail, partial fail start blinking, etc.
My fleet in my signature list has LED in the daytime running lights, you always see a '09 to '12 Tahoe/Sub with one out, and I use them in fog lights and interior lights. Hard to find 194 size LED that last, are bright, and do not cost a fortune. But the 194 size are easy to change like dome or plate lights. Low beam headlights in the fleet are currently HID. Will be changing over to LED in them as good HID are going away and LED low beams are getting better.