Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Low transmission line pressure

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2018, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low transmission line pressure

hey guys new to the forum here hopefully y’all can help. My wife has a 2013 suburban with around 150k miles. We’ve owned it for about 3 years and she’s always said something wasn’t quite right with it. It always seems under powered and check engine light comes on from time to time, usually related to o2 sensors, maf sensors, etc. we’ve always tended to the issues and symptoms will go away for a while. It recently started running real rough, low power, hesitating and jerking on takeoff, trying to pull away while at a dead stop. Scanned it and had a stored code (can’t remember exactly what it was but similar to what it always says about o2 sensor or similar.) had all that check out and was good. Took it to a shop with a high dollar scanner and found out that the trans line pressure was only like 47psi when it called for 109psi. Can anyone tell me where to start or recommend a reputable transmission mechanic in East Tennessee?
Old September 11th, 2018, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update....transmission needs rebuilt apparently. Not looking to upgrade anything and wanna stay on the cheap side of things so would it be cheaper to have this rebuilt or purchase a remanufactured trans or something like a Jasper? And also if anyone has a recommendation for someone to do this work around the Chattanooga area please let me know. It’s at Hixson transmission now and they seem good but guesstimated a rebuild around $4k which seems pricey to me.
Old September 11th, 2018, 12:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a bit high,2300 around here, upstate NY