Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LS1 Swap?

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2009 | 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default LS1 Swap?

Hey there I have a 1997 Ls1 motor. It was recently rebuilt and has approx. 510 hp. I was wondering if a 1977 Parisienne could handle that kinda power because Im looking at buying one at the moment. What kinda other part swaps do you think I would have to do to accommadate the engine? Brakes, suspension. Is the frame strong and durable enough for this kinda swap?
Old May 19th, 2009 | 9:35 AM
Administrator

About all I know is a Parisienne is a Canadian Pontiac. I seriously doubt that drivetrain could handle anything close to 500 hp. One way to find out tho.
Old May 19th, 2009 | 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Hey I am not completely sure of all that was done to the engine. It belonged to my brother-in-law. He had it in his camaro and sold it to me after he bought another motor for it. Im not sure what the horsepower to the rear wheels was exactly. So ya dont think the car can take that kinda power? Yeah I guess there is only one way to find out eh? Im fairly new to this game and it will be my first build. It would kinda suck to put it in a car and it be a complete waste of time. I was also looking at a couple late 70's to early 80's Malibu's. I was wondering your opinion on them. When I buy a car I will post some pics along with the engine. Thanks for your time.