Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Manual rear lift gate issue

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2024, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual rear lift gate issue

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and about a year ago the system to open the rear lift gate quit working. The rear glass will open and the wiper works. I really quick threw a new switch that is in the handle in it and that didn't fix it. So I checked the original switch with a multi meter and the switch is good. I then looked up the fuse location and found it was blown. I replaced the fuse and it worked again for about 2 weeks. Now every time I replace the fuse and try and open it the fuse blows. I checked for power at the fuse block and I don't have constant power at the fuse. I am thinking I need to find out why I do t have constant power anymore at the fuse. I think it is blowing the fuse because it is pulling power possibly from the BCM when I am hitting the switch. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Today, 3:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The bald one
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and about a year ago the system to open the rear lift gate quit working. The rear glass will open and the wiper works. I really quick threw a new switch that is in the handle in it and that didn't fix it. So I checked the original switch with a multi meter and the switch is good. I then looked up the fuse location and found it was blown. I replaced the fuse and it worked again for about 2 weeks. Now every time I replace the fuse and try and open it the fuse blows. I checked for power at the fuse block and I don't have constant power at the fuse. I am thinking I need to find out why I do t have constant power anymore at the fuse. I think it is blowing the fuse because it is pulling power possibly from the BCM when I am hitting the switch. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Is the actual lock mechanism popping open or is it getting stuck, "burning" out the lift motor fuse? I have an unrelated issue with the rear hatch (handle doesnt work, remote works fine.) but when I used it as an umbrella during rain yesterday I noticed water running right through the lock. So there's an entry point somewhere, and water and electrical components aren't good friends.
Open it up and hose it down from above and see for yourself, could be it's only on mine but water was seeping right through the lock like a faucet.

Last edited by Pandabird; Today at 3:15 AM.