Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

More ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2015, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More ISSUES

Once again I'm still having the vibration issues and banging into gears. I took the car to the mechanic it was there for 3 days I just got it back today he said that the Valve in the engine was blow and he needs to take the whole motor apart just to see if that is really it for 800.00$ but the catch is what if it's not that problem these are his word and If it is the problem then it's around 800-1000$ to get replaced. He said the car was drive able to but that's not the issue here now when I put my car in park the RPM'S go up to about 2000 and if I put in reverse it goes back down. It just rev's the engine up I'm just not even about to replace this thing I'm thinking about a new car I've had my tahoe for 4 years five coming up in like 3 months but I've never had this issue until this mechanic did it and he has took this truck before becuase I had to replace my cadillac converter and he has also replaced my speed sensor in my charger so what's the problem now I'm actually not about to pay 900 something dollars for this 4 year old car I really want a new one but the mechanic also told me that this 5.3l v8 in my truck is the worst thing GM has ever produced he said he feels bad for everybody that's stuck with one of these trucks!!
Old April 24th, 2015, 8:51 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

If you are under 100k miles and less than 5 years old, that should be covered by the powertrain warranty.