Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   need help 2 problems (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/need-help-2-problems-48236/)

mutineer January 30th, 2012 12:20 PM

need help 2 problems

I need help with two problems that I have with a 2005 tahoe first problem is with the 4x4 set to auto, the traction control engages on dry surfaces in straight line and on slow corners. I was thinking wheel speed sensor ( I already replace steering wheel position sensor) maybe? then how to tell which one. The second problem is that last week I noticed that the coolant was low so I added some now about 500 miles latter its low again by 3 quarts. I cannt see any where that its been leaking and the exhaust smells sweet so I'm thinking intake gaskets or head gaskets how to I tell which ones?

Thanks for the help.

jplinville January 30th, 2012 3:54 PM

Replace both intake and head...you've already got it torn down to the heads, what's a few more bolts, right?

Chevrolet Customer Service January 30th, 2012 6:58 PM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> mutineer,

The traction control problem may be a wheel bearing/speed sensor assembly issue. As for the low coolant problem, the gaskets are a possibility. These are just suggestions, not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

73shark January 30th, 2012 7:28 PM

mutineer: Welcome to the forum.

You could run a compression check to check the head gaskets. Check the underneath side of the oil fill cap for moisture and/or a jell-like emulsified oil.