Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need help finding parts! Does anyone know Suburban parts compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2016, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding parts! Does anyone know Suburban parts compatibility?

Hello all. My 2002 Suburban 2500 8.1 4x4 is in need of a catalytic converter and a muffler. I took it to the local shop and they say , they can't get either part. When I look online, I can't find the parts specific to my Burb. I keep getting universal fit parts in my search. Are there compatible models/years or other Chevys that use the same parts? Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to get this thing on the road so I can get back to work. thanks.
Old August 16th, 2016, 9:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same Suburban that you have (2002 2500 4x4 8.1L).

Last year my muffler rusted out and I got the same answer from local muffler shops - there is no muffler listing for this Suburban.

I ended up buying a Flo-Pro muffler online and a friend at a body shop installed it. The web site is:

FLO~PRO - BIG Oval 12x9

The muffler that I bought is Model #2506. If you scroll down the web site, it's there under "2500 HD GMC Pickup, 6.0 and 8.1L"

It fit pretty close, I think one adapter was needed.

Another Suburban owner on an RV forum told me about it.

I bought it from USA Performance Exhaust for $152 online with free shipping.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the catalytic converter, mine are still the factory originals.

Steve