Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need Road Trip Tips Please . . .

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2007, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Road Trip Tips Please . . .

We're about to take our '07 Tahoe on its first road trip. Four adults, 1200 miles. We have the LTZ with every interior option, including rear seat DVD. We also have the Lockpick. I was looking for some tips from those of you who've taken your Tahoes on the road as far as comfort, storage, trash, using the Nav, etc. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, just any lessons learned from your experiences on the road. THANKS!!
Old August 15th, 2007, 2:18 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need Road Trip Tips Please . . .

Give the women some sort of sleeping aid so you don't have to listen to all their damn yaking.
Old August 15th, 2007, 2:25 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a bumper sticker that says "This truck stops at all gas stations"

Seriously... when going on a LONG trip, I always bring a gallon of windshild washer, a gallon of Antifreeze, a spare set of wiper blades, and one of those portable compressor/light/charger things just in case. Also make sure that someone with you has a spare key/key fob.
Old August 15th, 2007, 3:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Are you taking out the 3rd row or are you using the luggage rack?

Is 1200 miles one-way or round trip?

When we went to Disney+SeaWorld week vacation to Cali (12 hour drive) we considered a luggage bag on top.

Me, wifey and our two boys (9 and 6).

We took out the 3rd row and put the luggage back there.

On the way home, we drove at night and made a bed in the rear for the kids, rolled the 2nd row foward and put the luggage in 2nd row.
Old August 15th, 2007, 4:01 PM
CF Active Member

Take Lysol...my God, the stink from the back seat will surely be horrific..hehehe..
Old August 15th, 2007, 5:07 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Give the women some sort of sleeping aid so you don't have to listen to all their damn yaking.

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]That's hilarious!!!
Old August 15th, 2007, 5:16 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

enroll your onstar and hit the road......anything happens just push the button.
Old August 16th, 2007, 1:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Take seasons of TV shows for passengers to watch. Movies can be hard to follow in the carwith stops and distractions/conversations. TV shows are usually pretty easy to follow, even with distractions, and they're broken down in to 20 or 40 min episodes, so it doesn't get mundane. ...Watch a show for 20-40 min, take a breather, watch another episode. It's amazing how time flys like this.

If you can fit your luggage in the back, I would suggest doing so, as another poster suggested. Putting the luggage on top creates a wind drag, and WILL affect your gas mileage.

Make sure that everybody who will be doing any driving remembers to bring their drivers lisence. Make sure your registration and ins. verification are in the glove box.

And no matter how great the temptation, no matter how quick and easy it seems,under NO circumstances should youeat at McDonnalds.
Old August 16th, 2007, 1:26 AM
SNO
CF Beginner

I'm making preparations for a 4,000 mile (total) trip coming up soon.

Here are a few of the things I've come up with:
Make sure you know how to access the spare tire and make sure it is properly inflated.
Check your oil life to see if it'll last the duration of your trip. If not, I'd change it before you leave.
Check/fill other fluids- including the windshield washer tank.
Rotate tires if necessary and make sure they are properly inflated.
Pack a suitable first-aid kit
Flashlight w/batteries, gloves and maybe a blanket (depending on elevation of trip).
Don't forget any medications you require & make sure you have enough for the trip

Oh, and enjoy the adult company! I'm travelling with wife & two young kids. (eek!!!)

Old August 16th, 2007, 5:55 AM
H07
CF Junior Member

Make sure that you get a "good" nights rest before departing on your trip. I have done thelast minute thinggetting everything ready the night beforejust to wake up the next morning withless than2 hours of sleep, let me tell you the white line fever will hit you real soon.

Quick Reply: Need Road Trip Tips Please . . .