Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need Some Help With Purchase

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2007, 3:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help With Purchase

Hey all, brand new here and have some questions regarding my impending purchase. I am currently weighing up the 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer and the Tahoe LT3 (with or without the Z71) so any help you can give here would be greatly appreciated.

First question is I have priced up the following Tahoe LT3 and get my supplier discount on it. MSRP is $50,220.00 and total minus incentives (still need to add TTL) is $42,734.68. Compared with some peoples deals the supplier discount still leaves the cost quite high. What if anything can I do to bring this down more ?:

Options & Packages
Audio system with navigation, , AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player and DVD-based navigation, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume, TheftLock and voice recognition, plays CD or DVD in upper slot $2,250.00
Body, , liftgate with liftglass, power rear door system with rear-window wiper/washer $350.00
Cooling, , auxiliary transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil $95.00
Differential, , heavy-duty locking rear $295.00
Entertainment system, , rear seat DVD player, with remote control, overhead display, 2 sets of 2-channel wireless infrared headphones and auxiliary audio/video input jacks $1,295.00
Luggage rack center rails $45.00
Rear axle, , 4.10 ratio $100.00
Rearview camera system $250.00
Seats, , heated second row $200.00
Sunroof, , power, tilt-sliding with express-open and close and wind deflector $995.00
Tire, , spare P265/70R17 $0.00
Tires, , P275/55R20 all-season, blackwall $0.00
Wheels, , 4 - 20" x 8.5" (50.8 cm x 21.6 cm) painted aluminum $1,195.00
Windshield washer fluid system, , heated $85.00
Wipers, , front intermittent, Rainsense $95.00

2nd question - I assume the NAV system gives you voice prompts through the stereo speakers but there is no voice commands where you can control the NAV by voice correct ? Also is this NAV based on teh Eclips NAV systems and if so anyway of incorporating XM Navtraffic ?

3rd Question - Anyone know if you can unlock the rear entertainment DVD to play multi region disks ?

4th Quesiton - I've heard about lane changing feature what is it or am I going insane here ?

5th Question - What range do you get from remote starter and can this be increased by adding a pager alarm or cell phone type hookup to the existing system ?

6th Question - I am looking at the bench seats for my needs. If I have these how flat do they fold ? I know they probably don't go into the floor for level load like the Expedition.

7th Question - I am looking at leasing this vehicle and was wondering what leases people have seen on this type of config

8th Question - What are the biggest things to look out for (problems) on these units ?

Finally, when is the best time to buy, now or wait until after April 2nd (end of this incentive and start of another) ?

Thanks so much, sorry about all the questions but am looking at buying ASAP and want to make sure I have all my ducks ion a row
Old March 26th, 2007, 3:51 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need Some Help With Purchase

Welcome to the forum.

I answer a few of your questions.

Question 1 answer =Any shmoe off the street should be able to get true invoice pricing (Approx 10% off Msrp) plus any rebates. Check edmunds.com or kbb.com for invoice pricing.

I was also looking at an expedition initailly as well, but went for the Tahoe for the following reasons.
Better Ride
Nicer Interior
New Redesigned Exterior (Current Expedition is been in production since 2003) The expedition has had a few redesigns for the grill and and interior, but basically the same.
Better Warranty 5 years 100k miles versus 5 years 60K miles for Ford
Better predicted reliability according to consumer reports
Onstar and XM

The expedition is a little cheaper, a much better designed 3rd row, and is about 6 inches longer. I like Ford products, but the 07 Tahoe is in a different league at this time.

You might want to look at an LTZ if you are looking in the $50k MSRP price range.

Question 6 answer = The second row seats (Bench or captains Chairs) fold and tumble forward against the back of the front row seats.

Question 7 answer= Leasing is all about Residual Value, Money Factor, and purchase price. If one of those figures is a little off you can get screwed. Check out leasecompare.com to get an idea of lease rates. GM does offer subsidized lease rates at times, but I doubt any are available for the Tahoe at this time.

Good Luck.

Old March 26th, 2007, 6:03 PM
CF Junior Member

#4: Lane changing feature:
Thisis when you move the turn signal 1/2 way up or down, and it will return to the neutral position, and flash the turn signal 3x normally, or 6x when in tow/haul mode.
Old March 26th, 2007, 7:26 PM
CF Active Member

Question #1: Definitely look at upgrading to the LTZ if you are already looking at the $50K range. Well worth the few extra bucks, plus you're already adding all the standard features of an LTZ to your LT3.

Question #4: The lane changing feature is great. Just tap the turn signal, get your hands back on the steering wheeland you get three blinks. My problem is that I use it for every turn I make. It's just too handy.

Question #5: I believe the dealer will tell you that the remote starter has about a200' range, but mine has worked from about a football field's length before. Another very handy feature with the cold winters here in Colorado.

Have funTahoe hunting!!!
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

#2 I believe the Nav responds to voice commands although requires some memory.
#3 Haven't heard of anybody getting multi region DVDs to play, might try a forum search tho. A lot of guys here are really into the electronics.
#8 Replacement wiper blades cost (sit down) $30.00 retail.

Good luck.
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Personally, not a Ford fan, but I think the re-design of the Expedition wasn't enough to keep it in line with its competition.I do not like the front, looks Explorerish and like they had no new ideas... just my $.02

That being said and never owning a GM SUV prior to this one, I am very satisfied and impressed with the Tahoe, just not so much with the servicing dealer... But I can look elsewhere for service. Please understand, when you read issues and or complaints on the forums, for the most part, they are the minority. You will most likely never see someone post how much they love their Tahoe, how great it rides and tows...etc...