Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Forum Layout

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2009, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Forum Layout

I see that the forum has taken on a new and fresh look. It certainly operates differently. Is there a place to find out about the differences in the board? I was particularly interested in how avatars and signatures are handled. It appears that mine disappeared, and I was only partially able to recreate it.

Is anyone else interested?

Thank you,

-JR
Old January 16th, 2009, 3:19 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

You need to go to your User CP. The link can be found at the mid-to-upper left of the window on the dark blue bar along with "Photo Gallery", "FAQ", etc.

When you get to the User CP, look at the bar on the left and locate Edit Signature and Edit Avatar.

To add your avatar, click the "Use Custom Avatar" bullet and then either link or upload. Note that Avatars have to be much smaller than they were with the other format. They have to be 80x80p instead of 150x150p, but the file size can be 4x what it was, so there is little to no dithering and file size adjustments.

To add your signature, go to the Edit Signature page. Either enter the image link in IMG tags of use the upload or link feature. There are dimension limits if you upload or link. It can't be more than 500x100p.

Another feature is "Contacts & Friends" and "Social groups"
You can send friend requests to other members and add them as quick contacts. You can also make a group, like on facebook or myspace. Groups can be made for any subject, keep in mind if you make one, I can see it even if its joinable by invitation only! (That goes for anyone making a group).

You may also want to go to "Edit Options" and change some of the defaults there, I changed nearly all of mine... Also, you'll have to go there and set your time zone.

Go to "Edit Your Details" under the 'Your Profile' tab and fill out your general info that you would like to share..

Go make you a photo gallery so you can show others your ride...or pretty much anything. Under the 'Networking' bar, click "Pictures and Album".

Thats about all I explored so far.... The CF is so much more than just a forum now. This new software is awesome.
Old January 16th, 2009, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EvansBlue
To add your avatar, click the "Use Custom Avatar" bullet and then either link or upload.
Thank you for the reply. That bullet does not seem to exist when I go to the place that you have described. I can not manage to activate my avatar.

Thank you,

-JR
Old January 16th, 2009, 9:06 PM
CF Monarch

Let me see if I can do it for you...

*EDIT*
Yep. You now have a guitar-playing smiley avatar just like mine... Try uploading an avatar of your own now.

Last edited by EvansBlue; January 16th, 2009 at 9:14 PM.
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

EvansBlue,

Thank you for looking into it. I now see the avatar, but I have no options available, except to delete it. I do not want to delete it.

Could it be a setup issue?

Thank you, again,

-JR
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

EvansBlue,

Now I am starting to have success in managing my avatar and signature. Thank you, again, for all the help.

Thank you,

-JR
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

I am starting to enjoy this new system.

-JR
Old January 21st, 2009, 1:24 PM
CF Monarch

You are very welcome. I was glad to help.

If anyone else needs some assistance, just let me know.