Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

new guy here. needing center console options

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2009, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here. needing center console options

hey everybody. new guy here. i am a new proud owner of a 2004 Tahoe LS. beting that it is a retired government vehicle, it does not have a center console. what i need to know is, what can i take the console out of to put in this truck? will the ones from the silverado fit? what about suburban? also, what years would fit? thanks, look forward to the answers.
Old November 14th, 2009, 8:56 PM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have front buckets or split bench?
Old November 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

I have buckets.
Old November 18th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

I would think that any '01-'06 Tahoe or Burb console would fit w/ factory buckets.
Old November 19th, 2009, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Consoles from 2003-06 from a Silverado, Tahoe or Suburban would work just fine. You'll also need the trim piece that surrounds the glovebox and curves where the console meets the dash. The picture below shows the 03-06...

The consoles from 1999-2002 were two-piece units but would probably still fit. Some 99-02 models came with just the center console and not the piece that goes against the dash so that may be an option for you as well...

Models from Silverado/Sierra would have the a/c vents on the back of the console and a duct under the console. Since they usually have rear air, consoles from Tahoes/Suburbans didn't have that. Some had rear radio controls and those from 03+ with auto a/c would have the rear air controls on the back of the console. Lesser-optioned models would just have an empty storage pocket there.

There's also a subwoofer in the console on Bose-equipped models but I guess you could ignore that.

Last edited by east302; November 19th, 2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old January 30th, 2016, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

I realize this is an older thread but perhaps I can still find some answers. I'm looking into getting a 2006 z71 Suburban. Only problem I can see with it is I need it to seat 3 up front. After calling a local wrecking yard he told me that any front bench seat from a 2000-2006 suburban will work. I forgot to mention to him that the console for the suburban I am looking for goes into the dash and that this suburban has Bose sound. So my first question is does it matter that the center console goes up into the dash as pictured in the reply posted by East302? What will the dash look like without that console? Does anyone have pictures? My second question is the subwoofer for the Bose in the center console? If so what do I do with this if I remove the console?
Old January 31st, 2016, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mommieto7
I realize this is an older thread but perhaps I can still find some answers. I'm looking into getting a 2006 z71 Suburban. Only problem I can see with it is I need it to seat 3 up front. After calling a local wrecking yard he told me that any front bench seat from a 2000-2006 suburban will work. I forgot to mention to him that the console for the suburban I am looking for goes into the dash and that this suburban has Bose sound. So my first question is does it matter that the center console goes up into the dash as pictured in the reply posted by East302? What will the dash look like without that console? Does anyone have pictures? My second question is the subwoofer for the Bose in the center console? If so what do I do with this if I remove the console?
For the console, you would just be swapping from a console to a non-console lower dash. It's usually the opposite of what people want to do, but you'd just be looking for the lower pieces that fill in around the glovebox bottom and where the console meets the dash. Check eBay, there are probably some there.

I'm not sure about the speaker though. You could just leave it unplugged I guess. Others may know more about that. You might try looking at www.fullsizechevy.com as there are probably plenty of people on that forum that could better explain what is needed for the console removal and subwoofer change. Good luck, hope this helps.