Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Nav DVD Part #25850927 anyone????

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2007, 1:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Nav DVD Part #25850927 anyone????

Let me rephrase that:
Some DVD disks that are built for various Denso Navigation Units may work with other Denso units (not all) which is the case for you however a Map DVD for a Delphi unit will not work in a Denso Nav unit and vice versa and since many people aren't sure what brand their OEM unit is.....

There can also be a serious issue with some discs containing new AVN software if that disk is inserted into a unit that it was not designed for.
Old September 28th, 2007, 3:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The disc arrived today, and it's the version you asked about... worked just fine in this 07 Suburban...
Old October 7th, 2007, 8:32 PM
CF Active Member

Reviving this thread to say, perhaps I spoke too soon.

This past weekend we headed up to Road Atlanta for the Petit Le Mans race. After about 400 miles, I stopped for gas and decided I'd put in the address of our hotel in downtown Atlanta and see how the nav compared to the Google Maps directions I had printed earlier.

When I restarted the vehicle from the gas stop, it told me the disc was not a navigation DVD. This was after about 3 1/2 hours of driving. I ejected and reinserted the nav DVD several times, with the same results every time. (The disc was quite hot; I know this is commonplace for current-day head units, but it always bugs me; can't hurt to mention it since the whole system works off lasers reflecting off tissue-paper-thin aluminum bonded between less-than-perfect plastic coatings.)

At one point the whole head unit locked up. I pressed a few buttons, both on-screen and the buttons down either side with no apparent results. Then, veeeerry slowly, it began executing all of the button-presses, at the rate of perhaps one every ten seconds. Naturally the result was total chaos, since later button presses didn't really match up to whatever was on-screen after processing the preceding button presses.

I turned off the truck and restarted it, with the same results.

Finally I gave up and decided to drive away, since I was wasting time and had been to this hotel before anyway (and had printed directions in-hand). As soon as the vehicle moved, the nav kicked in, my location showed up, and everything started working.

I hit the DEST button and was able to enter my destination, and from that point forward everything worked normally.

Not exactly the world's most reassuring end-user experience, but I figured I'd mention it. Maybe it'll do somebody somewhere some good.
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: McGuireV10
At one point the whole head unit locked up. I pressed a few buttons, both on-screen and the buttons down either side with no apparent results.
I have had a similar thing happen twice. Both times I could control the radio with the steering wheel controls but input to the head unit stopped for a while. Eventually it would start working again. This happened with the v2.0 of the DVD. I have not had it happen with the v3.0 disk yet. Then again I have only had the new disk for a few days.
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:32 AM
CF Active Member

As I noted earlier, until now I've actually been using a 2003 Corvette nav disc. I used it all the time without any problems. Could be a coincidence, I don't know.

(Heh, and I typo'd the distance... we stopped at about 300 miles... if I had managed 400 miles in 3 1/2 hours, that works out to an average speed of about 115MPH... LOL... I was going to the race, not entering it.)
Old January 19th, 2008, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

I just installed a Chevy Denso 2007 Nav System for my 07 Avalanche. Everything seemed to work fine, but the turn-by-turn instruction is not working. Everything else seems to be working fine. Any thoughts? Was wondering if it was just a calibration problem since when I set up the route guidance it does show a detailed map on half the screen and just a big blue compass on the other half (which is were my distance to stop and turn should be).
Old January 20th, 2008, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Allen just to let you know I installed my nav radio had the same problem.Found out the VSS wire was broken.Fixed the wire everything works fine now.Hope this helps.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an '07 Silverado LTZ with nav and original disc (boughtthe truckused). How do I go about getting the new version?

Thanks.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 8:15 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Try contacting https://www.gmnavdisc.com/overview.doand I think they will set you up for the free annual (2) upgrades. At least another forum member with an 07 Tahoe did this.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:41 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Has anyone recieved the brand new updated DVD disk Part #25850927 Version 3.0 yet?

And if so; did you experience any problems with your navigation unit after inserting it?
Hello Dave,

Just found this post while looking for info on the newer NAV DISC. I did receive my #25850927 disc from the disc centre after I called them. Unfortunately the disc is not updated enough for my area, it still thinks I live in a field even though my subdivision is 3+ years old.

I am not sure if this is what you are referring to, but a while after I installed thenew disc my nav centre acting weird, it would freeze intermittently at first then more frequently. It would fail to read the disc and would not allow me to eject it either. After a few trips to the dealer they replaced the entire head unit. I have not had a problem since.

While we are at it, any idea when the newer 2009 disc (v4.0?) might come out? I am hoping it will include several road updates in my area that were not on v2.0 or v3.0

Quick Reply: New Nav DVD Part #25850927 anyone????