Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Tahoe and I need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2012, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tahoe and I need help!!!

Hi everyone,
I just purchase a 2010 Chevy Tahoe flex fuel from the dealer! Its amazing! Can anyone tell me where i can find the overdrive button is on this vehicle?

Thanks
JMD
Old February 7th, 2012, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

I dont think there is an "overdrive" button... why are you looking for one?
Old February 7th, 2012, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

I was just wondering because since Ive been driving my truck i press on the gas and it take a hesitates to drive, is that normal?
Old February 7th, 2012, 4:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> JMD Tahoe,

The 2010 Tahoe does not have an overdrive button.

You stated it hesitates to drive, when does this occur?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 7th, 2012, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

When I'm driving it seems to run fine, but when I step on the gas to excel it does a hesitation and then it drives plus the rpm elevates, is that normal?
Old February 8th, 2012, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

that is the displacement on demand working... at certain speeds/rpmssome cilinders deactivate and reactivate at some speed/rpms.. it can go 4cyl 6cyl and 8cyl
Old February 8th, 2012, 8:38 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

most modern vehicles are programmed toward the MPG side, hence they smooth acceleration. Flooring it will over-ride this and after about a second you will downshift and the RPMs will climb. this is normal.

You might want to break the engine in before you floor it all the time...

however, on the end of your shifter is a button for tow/haul mode.

press that for more get up and go, but your MPG will suffer.... but it does make the vehicle much more fun to drive...

I hope you got the 5.3L as the 4.8 is anemic for the weight of this vehicle.
Old February 8th, 2012, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

a live tune will get rid of that and u will have instant acceleration at any given time! i did it for my truck and oh boy what a difference!!!
Old February 8th, 2012, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JMD Tahoe
When I'm driving it seems to run fine, but when I step on the gas to excel it does a hesitation and then it drives plus the rpm elevates, is that normal?
that's the transmission... nothing wrong with it.. just the way they behave.
They do learn your driving style so hopefully it'll get better and better the more you drive it... computers...
Old February 8th, 2012, 9:40 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by pumpkinman88
that is the displacement on demand working... at certain speeds/rpms some cylinders deactivate and reactivate at some speed/rpms.. it can go 4cyl 6cyl and 8cyl

The AFM only goes between 4 and 8 cylinders and it's more dependent upon load than speed/rpm.

Quick Reply: New Tahoe and I need help!!!