Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:45 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

Nitrogen in tires

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2008, 2:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitrogen in tires

ORIGINAL: livinlo

Hey Guys,

I am a supporter of the Nitrogen in the tires just put my 20" Centerlines on and went back to my local tire shop and had them check the pressure. Good to go! Think about the racing world because this is where this started, Nitrogen will not expand, heat up so it stays constent more accurate. I say Just Do It!!!
Well, you are kinda right, it started in the aircraft industry (mostly military) and then transferred to auto racing. When you have a plane that takes off on a runway that is 150 degrees and within a few minutes is -30 degrees, there is a lot of shrinkage(that's what she said). The exact opposite is true on landing with even higher temps, due to friction. Nitrogen doesn't expand or contract like atmospheric air. If you can get the nitrogen for free, I would say go for it, personally I wouldn't pay $50 for it, I would check my tire pressures monthly like suggested and invest the $50 in oil futures.