Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No seat heat redux....pax yes, drivers no

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2011, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No seat heat redux....pax yes, drivers no

I read several threads regarding the heated seats. Several tie the heated seat to the pedal position switch and the seat adjustment switch and circuit.

On my GFs car, the drivers heat is the ONLY thing inop. The pax front seat heats up just fine and there are no problems with the pedal adjust or seat position adjust.

Dealer says that the element in the seat itself has a short. If that's the case how difficult is it to remove and replace this element? Is it a DIY job or a heinous PITA?

She has no excess padding and a cold toight little tush. I'd like to fix the seat issue if possible, and wail on the latter.

Old November 24th, 2011, 1:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this the same vehicle that ate batteries you were asking about? Whatever happened to that problem? Did the current problem exist before that other problem? Perhaps you should consider an online subscription to alldatadiy.com or eautorepair.net before you commit major faux pas.
Old November 25th, 2011, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

This has been an issue for two years. The fan problem has been resolved. The after blower module was at fault. All mo betta.

What faux pas am I about to commit? Dazed and confused.
Old November 25th, 2011, 6:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're going by them saying "the element in the seat itself has a short." To me, it sounds kind of fishy. It'd be awkward to take it upon yourself and end up not fixing the issue and, worse, damaging something along the way. The online subscription was for wiring diagrams and repair guides.
Old November 25th, 2011, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

I hear ya and many thanks for that tip.

I mentioned the element because the service writer at the dealership mentioned it as if there were a significant issue with that failing. I figured it would be a relay or something external to the seat. I'll try to find a better way to diagnose this before I jump into it.

Thanks for the heads up on the other sites.