Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No sound coming from DVD - '05 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2016, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound coming from DVD - '05 Suburban

I purchased a high mileage 2005 Chevy Suburban 1500 Z71 today that came with pretty much every available option on it... So far everything seems to work with one exception... I cannot get the DVD to play sound... Picture is fine, but nothing comes from the DVD...

I took the Rear Audio controls apart and cleaned the buttons because they were sticking, but that hasn't helped...

1. I can get the sound from Am/Fm/XM to work fine from the rear
2. When I choose source "DVD", the rear speakers go silent, no sound at all (front player show's "DVD" on screen)
3. I tried using wired headphones (no wireless came with it), they work fine for everything except the DVD, once again, no sound when that is selected...

Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a fuse that controls the sound link? (Sounds crazy, but thought I'd ask) Is it possible there's a loose connection, and if so, where in the world might it be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...