Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2015, 12:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this normal?

Hello, I have a 2016 burban LS. I have 1500 miles on it. Is it normal for me to be smelling burnt brakes when I get outta the truck??? I dont drive it hard. I'm wondering if it's the break in period, although I never experienced this with other vehicles before.
Old December 19th, 2015, 8:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

no. after driving and detecting the smell; get out, and carefully, feel each rim. see if one is hotter than the others. compare front to front and rear to rear as the fronts will normally be a little hotter than the rear. dragging brakes will generate a lot of heat making the rim very hot to touch.
Old December 20th, 2015, 4:47 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Might also check your e-brake, set it and release it a few times to make sure its disengaging... you might want to watch each side as you have someone else set it and release it...
Does the vehicle track straight pretty well? if not that is a sure way to help identify a dragging front brake....