Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Odd Nav behavior

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2007, 7:03 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Nav behavior

Not sure if this is related to the new Nav DVD or not, but I had trouble entering an address yesterday which seemed to be related to the history of cities (Last 5 Cities button).

The short version is that I hit Dest and Address Entry, then tried to use the Last 5 Cities button to choose Jacksonville, FL, where I live. Without any other address information entered, it showed me an error saying something like "That street is not valid for the city," or something along those lines. It would not show Jacksonville in the city name choosing it off the Last 5. It also wouldn't accept Jacksonville Beach, FL, another city listed in the Last 5.

You have to enter the city name first, so I simply gave up and started typing in the name, and when I got far enough for it to recognize Jacksonville, it popped up the list of the various Jacksonvilles and it worked fine from there. After that, the Last 5 button has worked several times since then (all within Jacksonville) without any problems.

Historically I had used it in Jax a few times, Jax Beach once, Daytona once, and then Atlanta two or three times, all before I tried Jax again, so Jax and Jax Beach were the second and third items in the list. Quite annoying.
Old October 19th, 2007, 8:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Odd Nav behavior

Make sure the nav is set to the right US zone. I couldn't get the statue of Liberty to come up when the picture is on the "Points of Interest" button. I finally realized the Nav was on the central zone and needed to be switched to the eastern zone.
Old October 24th, 2007, 6:23 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Odd Nav behavior

The zone is/was set up correctly, it was working fine just the day before in Jax only a few hundred miles south, and in the same zone.