Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Odd radio issue 07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2015, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd radio issue 07 Tahoe

Hey guys. 07 Tahoe with stock radio. Having speaker issues, maybe you guys can help me get to bottom of this. Speakers work intermittently. Front left always works, and the rest of the speakers rarely work. Every 20 trips or so, all the speakers will work. Sometimes while driving they will all pop to life, but for the majority, just the one front speaker, with zero bass. No rhyme or reason.

I have considered replacing the radio, but what do you guys think? Is there a more appropriate place to post this issue? Thanks gents!
Old July 12th, 2015, 6:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely the speakers are bad. remove the door panel and inop speaker connect a test speaker to see if there is power.
Old July 16th, 2015, 6:03 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Thekintnerboy
Hey guys. 07 Tahoe with stock radio. Having speaker issues, maybe you guys can help me get to bottom of this. Speakers work intermittently. Front left always works, and the rest of the speakers rarely work. Every 20 trips or so, all the speakers will work. Sometimes while driving they will all pop to life, but for the majority, just the one front speaker, with zero bass. No rhyme or reason.

I have considered replacing the radio, but what do you guys think? Is there a more appropriate place to post this issue? Thanks gents!
Do you have the Rear Seat Entertainment RSE? if so often times reseating the connections to the rear control will resolve some issues...