Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Ordered 07 Tahoe - Should I be concerned about possibly loosing the cash rebate

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2006, 8:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ordered 07 Tahoe - Should I be concerned about possibly loosing the cash rebate

Did they give you a target production week or build week for your Tahoe? They're usually able to give that to you as soon as they enter the order into the computer.
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:03 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered 07 Tahoe - Should I be concerned about possibly loosing the cash rebate

ORIGINAL: TMW597

Did they give you a target production week or build week for your Tahoe? They're usually able to give that to you as soon as they enter the order into the computer.
actually they didnt...thanks for the info, I am going to email the dealer to see what's up.
I have heard from other dealers that right now production is slow, so there might be a chance that the truck could be delivered earlier than the estimated 6 weeks.

So if they ordered the vehicle last wed, they should know its production week? Would a VIN be created?
Thanks

Old December 17th, 2006, 10:58 PM
CF Senior Member

You might want to check it out. When I had them put my order in with the navigation and back-up camera there was a production week that was months away. Once I pulled the navigation option off, it changed it to a matter of weeks. Seems like more trucks go down the line without navigation than with it. Hopefully you'll luck out with your timing.

I think it took a couple of weeks before I had a VIN.
Old December 20th, 2006, 1:47 PM
CF Active Member

dealer supposedly doesnt have a production date or an estimated delivery date...should i be concerned?
Old December 20th, 2006, 1:55 PM
CF Senior Member

It depends on the actual day you placed your order. My thing is I don't trust anyone. So I made sure that when I ordered my vehicle, I stood right over the sales manager's shoulder as he put the order in. I didn't leave until I at least had an order number. (Do you even have that?) Dealerships play on people's ignorance. (It actually goes further than just car dealerships.) You walk out thinkin' your truck is ordered that day, but then it's really not put into the computer until 10 days later. So I don't know what's goin' on at your dealership, but I had a production date right on the spot. I'd investigate if I were you.
Old December 20th, 2006, 7:43 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is your order # ?
Old December 21st, 2006, 2:02 AM
CF Active Member

The GM Arlington Plant is shutting down Saturday December23rd for two weeks. When they return to work they will only have two 8 hour shifts to help slow down production. They have been working a lot of OT the last few months.It sounds like the Dealers have too many unsold Tahoes on their lots. If your Tahoe is built at the Arlington Plant this coulddelay the delivery date.
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:21 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

What is your order # ?
i have emailed the dealer asking for this information.
Thanks

Old December 21st, 2006, 5:59 PM
CF Active Member

ZX please check your PM
Thanks
Old December 21st, 2006, 8:21 PM
CF Active Member

Many thanks to ZX! Being new here, it really means a lot to find someone who is willing to help others!
looks like our truck will be here in Feb!

Quick Reply: Ordered 07 Tahoe - Should I be concerned about possibly loosing the cash rebate