Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Oxygen sensor delete???

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2018, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen sensor delete???

Bought a 99 suburban a few weeks back and the previous owner had it straight piped. So now my ses light is constantly on and I feel that my gas milage is suffering too. I was told I could get something called a shunt to trick the computer into thinking the O2 sensors are reading correctly, but I've had less than no luck. I've checked everywhere I can think of. Parts stores, jegs, summit, eBay and none of the kids nes I've found are compatible with my 5.7 vortec, their usually for a Honda or someotyer little car. I've also read the pcm will need to be tuned/reprogrammed, black bear performance is a name I keep hearing but spending $500 for a tuner isn't an option for me with the holidays coming up.
Old October 9th, 2018, 9:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

A shunt is a term for a resistor/jumper (electrical). O2 sensor is for emissions. I have an 02 Mazda that has no cat on it because of it being plugged.