Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Autoride suspension, I want to lift.... what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2014, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autoride suspension, I want to lift.... what are my options?

I am new to the forum but have been lurking without registering for a few months. I bought an '04 Suburban 1500 with the Z55 autoride suspension on it. I am wanting to do a small lift (3"to 4") and am kinda lost with the influx of information I have read. I am a little confused on what my options are? I have read just buy tortion keys (dont really know what this is, as its my first chevy) and rear blocks. I have also read spend the extra money and buy a 3" kit that will come complete with all the extra little parts needed to complete a true lift (extended end links etc..). To make everything extra confusing for me I have also found none of this will work that I have to buy a special lift kit designed for a Z55 autoride vehicle. Can somebody please help me sift through the bull and get some honest answers?

Thanks for all the help.
Old July 25th, 2014, 9:32 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not 100% sure, but if i were you and wanted to lift a truck with auto ride, i would get rid of the auto ride all together, there are bypass connectors so you don't get any lights on the dash...but i don't think you would achieve a correct lift with autoride
Old August 1st, 2014, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jarwade
I am new to the forum but have been lurking without registering for a few months. I bought an '04 Suburban 1500 with the Z55 autoride suspension on it. I am wanting to do a small lift (3"to 4") and am kinda lost with the influx of information I have read. I am a little confused on what my options are? I have read just buy tortion keys (dont really know what this is, as its my first chevy) and rear blocks. I have also read spend the extra money and buy a 3" kit that will come complete with all the extra little parts needed to complete a true lift (extended end links etc..). To make everything extra confusing for me I have also found none of this will work that I have to buy a special lift kit designed for a Z55 autoride vehicle. Can somebody please help me sift through the bull and get some honest answers?

Thanks for all the help.
There are lifts out there made for the auto ride. I have a 2014 LTZ with 6" Fabtech suspension lift. Autoride works perfect.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 5:55 AM
CF Beginner

My problem with the kits that are designed specifically for Autoride are they are very expensive and I can't find one that is smaller than 6 inches. I don't want one that high.

On a side note I was looking at my front shock mounts yesterday and am curious. Are the shock mounts different on an Autoride vs a standard shock set up? If I bought standard shocks can I just bolt them up with some type of syms?
Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:58 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brunoboxer
There are lifts out there made for the auto ride. I have a 2014 LTZ with 6" Fabtech suspension lift. Autoride works perfect.
Awesome, do you have pics? I would love to see what it looks like!
Old August 2nd, 2014, 3:07 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

My problem with the kits that are designed specifically for Autoride are they are very expensive and I can't find one that is smaller than 6 inches. I don't want one that high.

On a side note I was looking at my front shock mounts yesterday and am curious. Are the shock mounts different on an Autoride vs a standard shock set up? If I bought standard shocks can I just bolt them up with some type of syms?
I suspect the only difference is the shock and the height sensor.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Typerod
Awesome, do you have pics? I would love to see what it looks like!
6" Fabtech Suspension Lift for auto ride
20" XD
35" Procomp
Attached Thumbnails Autoride suspension, I want to lift.... what are my options?-burbsideangle.jpg   Autoride suspension, I want to lift.... what are my options?-burbfront.jpg   Autoride suspension, I want to lift.... what are my options?-burbside.jpg  
Old August 5th, 2014, 12:34 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by brunoboxer
6" Fabtech Suspension Lift for auto ride
20" XD
35" Procomp
Those looks good 6" lift.

I believe Skyjacker and Rancho also has lift for autoride. Rancho may have 4" lift kit.
Old February 17th, 2016, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default I just bought a 2007 Tahoe ltz 4x4

Did you ever figure out how to get a lift put on? With or with out the auto air suspension? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old December 20th, 2018, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default Relocation bracket or shaft couplets for auto ride

Thanks for all the help.
I have tried another idea and seem to be working. I fabricated a relocation bracket. The challenge I faced is that I had to do trial and error until the best position for the sensor until the message “service suspension” disappeared and ride became smooth and more comfort. It is probably easier if the sensor position was marked before lifting the truck, then the correct position can be selected accordingly . Picture attached.The bracket cost me 1$ only.
Here in my case, the message disappeared when I selected the higher position but the ride was bad (vehicle bouncing all the time, because too much pressure added to shock absorber ). The lowest position was much better and the ride was acceptable.

Quick Reply: Autoride suspension, I want to lift.... what are my options?