Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Part Number for the engine shield ?

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2012, 3:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part Number for the engine shield ?

Hi guys, I recently bought a 2009 LTZ fully loaded and I noticed that the shield that's under the engine is broken! The bolts are there but it's missing so I spent the last 3 hours searching the internet for it but all I found was the tire splash shields.. So I wanted to know if anybody here could help me by giving me a part number.

Any help would be appreciated
Old August 20th, 2012, 7:01 AM
CF Monarch

Received 350 Likes on 331 Posts

try your local dealership parts department.
Old August 21st, 2012, 2:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hayderpro
Hi guys, I recently bought a 2009 LTZ fully loaded and I noticed that the shield that's under the engine is broken! The bolts are there but it's missing so I spent the last 3 hours searching the internet for it but all I found was the tire splash shields.. So I wanted to know if anybody here could help me by giving me a part number.

Any help would be appreciated
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> If you would like, PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN, and I will check for a part number if possible. "oldchevy" also offers a great suggestion.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 26th, 2012, 3:09 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Perhaps this is what you are looking for Shield Engine Splash 22781371 ?
Check GM parts direct, put in the part number and it will show a picture as well...it looks to be about $27
Old August 27th, 2012, 4:13 AM
CF Beginner

That was exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot. I got my dealer to give me a discount since he didn't have the part or the part number ( He is an Idi*t ). I gave him the part number and he took 15$ off the price so it was a good deal
Old August 12th, 2013, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

22781371 Cost $20.88 plus shipping