Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pics of BIGLG's 07 Tahoe!

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2007, 9:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Pics of BIGLG's 07 Tahoe!

ORIGINAL: digdug

I do like the grill. Can I ask you where you got it?

Great pics!

~dig
Thanks. The grille is an EBAY cheapy. It was like 75 shipped. I actually want to get a different one. It is ok, but I want one that has thicker bars and has a more closed look. FLATAHOE on this site has one, but has yet answered the 100 questions about where he got it, or should I say which ebay seller he got it from, GRRR.
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:06 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: Biggmon

Hey Biglg,
Tahoe looks great, excellent color. Needs chrome door handles, oh wait you sold those to me, oops.The 24's help fill the fender wells and look very nice, but I like everything lowered. I dont think you could go wrong either way, unless you lowered to much.
Man, my wife almost left me when I wanted to lower the Chevy Astro van and put wheels on it. I had to weigh my options and the Astro van is still all stock.
Funny on the handles, . I cant believe it has taken so long to get them. I think I just like the CLEAN look of the all white. The chrome handles just give it a chopped appearance or something. It is probably just my opinion. I still think it may look great with them on my Tahoe.

I still dont know on the lowering kit. I will probably leave it as it is! Did you notice a rougher ride after you lowered yours?
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:08 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: Biggmon

Oh yeah, you also convinced me to get the mud flaps. Thanks for the pics..
I didnt think I would like the mud flaps either, however I do like the, I like them a lot! What size wheels are on yours, 20's or 22's? Are they the VCT's?

For some reason, your stock rear seemed higher than mine. Could be the slop of our driveways, I dont know.
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no i wouldn't lower it, it looks good the way it is...

ps - if you dont mind me askin what did ur wheels set u back?

ORIGINAL: biglg

Thanks, what about the lowering kit? You think i should lower it?
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
CF Addict

I dont mind you asking at all. I got a very good deal. Visit www.iccewheels.com. Call them and ask for Mike! THe cool thing about them is your can buy direct, as well as from a retailer. So you can get a much better deal. I dont really know what full retail is, I have seen them in 22's without tires for 2800.

I believe retail is about $800 per wheel, $3200 a set. You can get a much better deal than that calling them and buying them direct. Just call them direct and ask for Mike, tell him you saw my wheels and ask what he would sell you some for. I am guessing it will be around 550-600 a wheel.
Old January 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
CF Active Member

is that 550-600 with tires?

I dont mind you asking at all. I got a very good deal. Visit www.iccewheels.com. Call them and ask for Mike! THe cool thing about them is your can buy direct, as well as from a retailer. So you can get a much better deal. I dont really know what full retail is, I have seen them in 22's without tires for 2800.

I believe retail is about $800 per wheel, $3200 a set. You can get a much better deal than that calling them and buying them direct. Just call them direct and ask for Mike, tell him you saw my wheels and ask what he would sell you some for. I am guessing it will be around 550-600 a wheel.
Old January 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
CF Addict

No, that is 550 per wheel! If you can get them for that it would be a good price. You can find cheap 24 inch tires for about 300-350 per tire. If you want a better tire look to spend 400-500 per tire.

You can expect to pay 3500-4500 on this set of wheels and tires depending on what tire you go with and how good of deal you can get on the wheels.
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM
CF Active Member

Biglg,
The wheels I have are 22" VCT's "Scarface". I lowered it with the front spindles, so I have no difference in the ride up front. I do notice a slight difference in the rear, a littlestiffer and a slightbounce to it. I also have heard the rear tires rub on the inner fender wheel once when I was turning fast and going over a bump at the same time.

When I had my 2004 Avalanche I lowered it 3" up front and 5" in the back. It ruined the ride, but boy was I acool 40 year old driving it, Ha. I said I would never lower anothervehicle and my wife laughed at me.I guess she was right.
I do not regret lowing the Tahoe at all.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5668/71EE587BCDF24308A51667858AF9C70A.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 8th, 2007, 1:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks, what about the lowering kit? You think i should lower it?
Yup. Smack it!
Old January 8th, 2007, 1:30 PM
CF Addict

Well, I have decided against lowering the Tahoe.

If anyone is interested I havea Brand New in the Box set of Eibach Springs lowering kit, Eibach part number 38107.540. If anyone is interested shoot me an email or PM me. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Pics of BIGLG's 07 Tahoe!