Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pioneer Avic-d3 and multiple audio functions

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer Avic-d3 and multiple audio functions

I recently bought an 08 Z71 3LT Taho with rear seat entertainment, but no nav. SO I had the Avic-d3 nav with rear backup camera installed. Now heres the question, Whatever is playing in the DVD player, and showing up on the rear screen, the whole car has to listen to the audio from it. Is it possible to regain my backseat audio controls like the factory settings, and listen to the radio at the same time that the dvd is playing.

Thanks
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:32 PM
CF Active Member

Default And can I add my question to this matter... Will the Kenwood DNX series have the same problem?

Never even thought to ask that question... G..
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
CF Active Member

Default Just got online with Crutchfield and asked the questions..

Here's the techs answer.

Well, the info we have on the AVIC doesn't mention a dual source sort of feature. I find that odd, but I know that the Kenwood units all have that.

G..
Old April 1st, 2008, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rear seat entertainment with after factory Avic-d3

What about the RSE aux jacks. Shouldn't I be able to hook a game system, portable dvd player, etc up and run it through the RSE and not affect the front seat audio, because I cant. I also can t use the wireless headsets or the remote controll for the RSE anymore.Did I loose all these other functions as well when I had the pioneer put in. If so, that kinda sucks.

I sure would've thought that as smart as that unit seems to be It would allow for the RSE controlls, etc to continue to work as the factory player did. Do I neeed to let the guy who put it in recheck all these things or are they not even possible?

Thanks
Old April 2nd, 2008, 7:57 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Rear seat entertainment with after factory Avic-d3

I've had the D3 for over a year and to the best of my knowledge it does not have the ability for dual zone audio/video. I'm sure there's a way it can be done, but the unit on its own I don't think can do it. You could talk to the guy who installed it, but it doesn't sound like its anything he did wrong. If you can see video in the back while driving, then he already had to "trick" the unit so I'm guessing he would have made sure any other features were working as well.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 9:48 PM
CF Junior Member

do you have the steering wheel controls hooked up to the avic d3? On mine I cannot toggle between preprogrammed redio stations with the steering wheel control. For example it just goes 99.2 to 99.3 not the presets. Am I missing something?

Thank you.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
CF Active Member

ambiguous216 reprogram the steering wheels interface. You will only be able to do either presets or individual channels.