Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Please help me!

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2018, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me!

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4WD....
I purchased it a week ago for $1,300 dollars from a friend at church, and I drove it home from work. The next morning I went to start the the Tahoe to drive to work, and it would not start! I replaced the fuel pump relay, and the ignition control module. Still would not start. Someone told me to replace the camshaft positioning sensor, and I still couldn't get it to start until I removed the spark plug wire from number three spark plug! If I reconnect the wire back to the spark plug it will not start at all! I've only driven to work today without the plug wire connected, and I don't want to cause anymore problems with doing this to the vehicle. I've only been employed for 6 months, and I'm not trying to jeopardize my employment! I'm just asking for some advice from some kind people that don't mind giving me some advice! Thank you for your time, and God bless. Dennis Macon
Old March 7th, 2018, 6:28 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Well, that's a new one. Do you have a check engine light? With the plug wire off, do you feel an engine miss fire? You post, with the plug wire attached to the spark plug it will not start, off it will? I'd suggest if these are all true, replace that coil pack, and plug/wire.
Old March 7th, 2018, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks kevinpdk for the quick response! I do have a check engine light, and it' on during drive to work today. I purchased a ignition coil at advance auto parts for $39.49 thinking it would solve my problem, but after replacing the rotor button plus the fuel relay switch I'm only able to get it to start up with the number three spark plug wire disconnected from the plug itself! I bought a new NGK spark plug, and installed it to. My Brother pulled the same number three plug wire off of his 2008 Chevrolet Silverado, and it will not start with any wire connected to that one plug on my Tahoe! I'e scratched my head raw now Bro!!! Lol
Old March 8th, 2018, 2:58 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What trouble code is it? You replaced that coil pack , #3? try this, remove the coil pack from the mounting bracket, isolate it totally from ground, try that.