Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Please help me... Please. WTF is wrong with my car

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Let's face it, he bought a truck that's been running coolant in the oil for a very long time. The stuff you see on the bottom of the intake manifold is emulsified oil and water most likely. If you drop the pan, you'll probably see the same thing in it.
Old April 26th, 2015, 10:35 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Let's face it, he bought a truck that's been running coolant in the oil for a very long time. The stuff you see on the bottom of the intake manifold is emulsified oil and water most likely. If you drop the pan, you'll probably see the same thing in it.
I think the word in bold might be a stretch. "Received" might be more accurate.
Old April 26th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Default No Whining

Originally Posted by Lifted 02 z71 Tahoe
This forum blows... I haven't had a single bit of help
Originally Posted by Chester the tahoe
I know right I don't even get a reply half of the freaking time I'm going to the Chevy site
This is a free forum where others come together to share information on the Chevrolet brand, anyone is welcome to provide input and ideas to help others resolve similar and even unique problems. There is no implied or required participation by any professional or certified GM mechanics; anyone providing information is doing it of their own freewill. Posting a question here and expecting a prompt and accurate answer is a going to be hit or miss depending on who is reading your post, but you should not be counting on this as your sole source of information, if you need timely and accurate advice you need to take it to a mechanic or dealership and pay for that advice. Remember you came here seeking FREE advice, so getting nothing in return, or less than you expected should not be a surprise by any means.
Anyone’s lack of mechanical abilities is by no means the responsibility of this forum or any other forum. Ask a question and we will do our best to answer it as best we can, but you as a user have a responsibly to help answer others questions as best you can and to follow up on your own post. No one on this site is paid, so take a look at the post counts and consider the FREE hours, months and years of very helpful input as prospective.
Old April 28th, 2015, 7:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifted 02 z71 Tahoe
More photos

Someone please help. Is this my problem? It's an inch deep in whatever the hell this is.
I always wondered what my engine would look like if I hadn't taken care of it like I have. You have just learned an expensive lesson; no maintenance records, no receipts, no sale. Records also support the miles shown on the odometer; I read where 15% of used vehicles have had the mileage tampered with. At this stage of that engines LACK of maintenance, it will have to be replaced; you would just throw more money away trying to save it. But now that I think about it, if the rest of the vehicle was maintained like the engine, you may just want to cut your losses and sell it for parts. I had 212,000 miles on my '01 when one of the heads developed a crack and began leaking coolant. I asked the mechanic how the engine looked when he had the heads off and he said "like new". When I saw the picture of yours I found myself in awe, and wondered how anyone could neglect a vehicle the way they did.

Last edited by subfan597; April 28th, 2015 at 7:17 AM.