Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Please help with Tahoe dash rattle

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with Tahoe dash rattle

I have an ’07 Tahoe Z71 and ever since day one have had a horrible rattle in the dash on the passenger side. It is behind the glove box and seems to be under the airbag. It has been into the local dealer 3 times and they determined it was the speaker pole that goes down along the side of the windshield. Replaced it, nothing…. Still there. They have then replaced some clips in the top of the dash thinking that it was just the panel… Still there. I love the Tahoe but am ready to trade it in because it is so annoying. It sounds like a wire could be lose and hitting the dash or something. It only happens when I hit a bump or drive through rough roads.

Has anyone had this problem and if so what was the cure? I am taking it in next week and would like to go in with some ideas for them. Thanks!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 5:10 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Please help with Tahoe dash rattle

I have seen where the transmission dipstick is pushed back against the firewall by the engine wire harness which can cause a rattle when driving over a bumps, you may want to take a minute and pop the hood to give this a quick check.
Old December 28th, 2014, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ORZ71
I have an ’07 Tahoe Z71 and ever since day one have had a horrible rattle in the dash on the passenger side. It is behind the glove box and seems to be under the airbag. It has been into the local dealer 3 times and they determined it was the speaker pole that goes down along the side of the windshield. Replaced it, nothing…. Still there. They have then replaced some clips in the top of the dash thinking that it was just the panel… Still there. I love the Tahoe but am ready to trade it in because it is so annoying. It sounds like a wire could be lose and hitting the dash or something. It only happens when I hit a bump or drive through rough roads.

Has anyone had this problem and if so what was the cure? I am taking it in next week and would like to go in with some ideas for them. Thanks!

I have a 2008 Chevy equinox with the same rattle. I was told strut towers but sounds more like something in dash. Took glove box out and still can't figure it out. Had some loose screws but tightening them still didn't help. It sounds like there is a plastic ball rolling around in my dash.
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Its very possible that it is the struts, the upper bearing wears and allows movement and that movement sound is transferred through to the pillars and it could sound likes its coming from the dash, esp if you are thinking its around the glove box as that is very near where the top of the strut mounts...
Old January 2nd, 2015, 2:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ORZ71

had similar problem. Ran black tape down sides of outside front window over long plastic pieces on sides of front window. Noises and rattle gone. Finally put filler under plastic strips so wind would not go under them. so quiet.