Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Possible 2015 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2017, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible 2015 Suburban

hello,

im looking for some advice/feedback regarding the 2015 Suburban, specifically the LTZ model.

we are considering upgrading to this big fella from a Nissan Pathfinder specifically for the extra room in the rear and trunk. We would have the 3rd row down 90% of the time. The one I'm looking at has about 45k miles on it, clean car fax with detailed service records.

So my question for the forums, and I apologize if this is the 50th million post asking the same thing, would you buy again? What should I be on the lookout for as far as potential issues go? What is routine maintenance like? I like to DIY a lot of my vehicles but currently have Nissan and Acura and has been a while since owning a chevy, although I drive a 2500 Silverado for work and enjoy it.

appreciate any and all feedback.
Old April 16th, 2017, 9:37 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are a DIY guy then anything would work. Just need to look into the features that you have to have. I got my Escalade ESV a few years ago and I spent about $100 per year on oil and filters. That's it.
Recently, I throw some major works to it: AC replace ($25), Radiator flush ($50), Brake pads ($65), Brake fluid flush ($10), Rear shocks ($400), Front struts ($500) and I'm about to replace the clock spring ($150) then transmission and differential fluid changes . Those are part costs. The shocks and struts job was quoted over $3k at the dealer for parts and labor.
I spent more time working on the Mercedes than the Cadillac. That's the truth. Mercedes have reliable cars but engineering are more complicated thus more maintenance.