Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power Stop brake components

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2015, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Stop brake components

Any experience-based opinions on Power Stop brake components. I'm thinking about an entire re-do on the brakes on my 2005 Sub...hoses, calipers, pads & rotors.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 9:45 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to do the same thing this winter. I have no idea about the quality, they seem popular and I have been told they work well.
Old November 24th, 2015, 1:42 PM
CF Junior Member

A year or so before I sold my '07 Tahoe, I replaced the front rotors and pads with this kit from Power Stop:

Power Stop Brake Kit - SHIPS FREE - AutoAnything

I also changed the front brake hoses to these flexible braided steel lines:

StopTech Brake Lines, StopTech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

After properly bedding in the rotors and pads, this combo made a HUGE difference in how the Tahoe slowed and stopped. All I can say is WOW what an immediate improvement over OEM pads/rotors. They're smooth, quiet, confident and very little to no brake dust. I highly, highly recommend looking at this kit for your 'Burb. If you tow or need something more "heavy duty," consider the following from Power Stop:

Power Stop Z36 Brake Kit - Extreme Truck & Towing

Best of luck!!
Old November 24th, 2015, 3:38 PM
CF Active Member

I've used PowerStop pads and rotors for my last 2 brake jobs.....nothing but good things to say. I was looking at getting that pads/rotors/caliper combo they are selling now. The calipers look to be OEM rebuilds, powder coated red.