Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Problem with 07 Tahoe TPMS

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2016, 3:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with 07 Tahoe TPMS

I had my chrome rims taken off yesterday, with the tires intact, and had my factory tires and wheels placed back on my truck. The chrome rims had pressure monitors on them. After having the factory wheels placed on the truck, thr "SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM" message appeared on my driver's information center. I tried the "RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS" function, but, the system is not reading my tires' sensors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 21st, 2016, 8:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

you need to have the sensors registered with a tpm tool. this will learn the tpm sensors into the rcdlr module.

only one set of sensors is stored in the module...so the oem sensor data was erased when they programmed the other rims.
Old January 21st, 2016, 8:58 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do your stock rims still have sensors on them?
Old January 26th, 2016, 7:45 PM
CF Active Member

Stock rims do still have sensors in them. Where can I get that TPM tool, or is that just a dealer thing?
Old January 26th, 2016, 8:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

Robot Check Robot Check

Kent-Moore EL-50448 TPMS Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor Activation Tool

this one will do all gm products
Old January 27th, 2016, 10:29 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to have this:

Ateq VT30 TPMS Reset Tool Scan Scanner Programming Relearn Learn Activation | eBay

it works with GM and other US domestic car manufacturers and some japanese brand vehicle. It can activate/trigger, and give other information about the sensor, such as its specific sensor ID, battery condition of the battery in the sensor. It worked well, but the unit I had, had issues with downloading updates, so I returned it. its a bit pricey and maybe more tool than you really want or need. ATEQ also makes another tool the VT15 which is essentially the same tool as the one Tech2 posted, but the design of the case is different.

I do my own tire rotation, and I hate doing them b/c of the relearn process. What I do is, get the vehicle in relearn mode, and then proceed to let air out of the tires to get the sensor to trigger, then once that is done, I have to get my little air compressor out and fill up my tires again. lol. my air compressor is a tiny little thing from walmart, i cant remember how many gallons it is, but it takes me a while to have to fill up a tire thats 4-5 psi low. when i say a "while" its like 3-5 mins, b/c I have to wait for the tank to fill then fill the tire and if the tank does not have enough air in it, i have to pause and wait for it to fill more, then fill the same tire again. But with this tool, i won't have to let air out and put air back in anymore for the relearn process.

IMO, its worth every penny, lol!
Old February 2nd, 2016, 12:04 PM
CF Active Member

Took it back to the tire shop that rotated the wheels off and on. They woke up the sensors, FOR FREE. Thanks for the help.