Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Problem 97 Suburban ac

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2012, 3:24 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem 97 Suburban ac

Hi new to this forum hope to get some help with the ac on my wifes 97 Suburban. I looked through a lot of recent post thinking that someone else has had this problem was not able to find any this is what happend when I got in and turned the fan switch on the air seem to be week coming from the vents I turned the fan to the high setting the blower quit so I turned it back through the other settings and no fan air blower not blowing on any fan speed, checked the fuse it is ok the fan control at the top that controls the back seats works fine & the control in the second row works fine was told that the fan resitor could be bad I checked the old one had a couple of the springs darkend but not burnt into so I replaced it with a new one still no blower air I'm thinking it could be the fan switch or would their be another fuse or relay that would keep the fan from blowing.
Thank's for any help
Old May 8th, 2012, 5:36 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found problem

I should have checked this days ago decided to check to see if blower motor was getting power turned the fan switch on nothing so I hooked up the test lite to see if power was getting to the motor when I touched the power lead the fan started to blow plug was loose fan now blows on all speeds maybe this will help if someone else has this problem.