Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

pump gear box

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2017, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pump gear box

i have a 2004 z71 silverado 5.3 litre. a month ago i had a small power steering leak, then in the last few days it got alot worse but as long as i kept fluid in the pump resevoir it didnt whine or make any noise. worked great!! then it started coming out gushing, after i filled it out within 5 minutes it was empty, so i got where i couldnt keep it in the resevoir so i drove it a few miles and the power steering pump quit working and it was hell to drive that 1 day so i took it to the mechanic and he said the pump was bad and it also had a leak in one of the power steering pump lines, so they changed out the ps pump and lines, well it worked great when they tested my truck BUT it was still leaking real bad, so then he put it on the rack and said it was the gear box that was making it leak. so now they are replacing the gear box or the seals on the gear box. can a gear box cause these leaks and problems?