Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Question about GM Deflector!

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2006, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about GM Deflector!

When I bought my 01 Tahoe, it had a gm deflector on the hood (gm stamped on the corner), but it was broken on the end. So I wanted to buy a new one, and picked it up from the dealership.

I was surprised to see how much flimzier and thinner this new deflector was. The box had the gm tag on it, but the deflector didn't have a gm stamp on it, just "made in australia" on the bottom. It's not even close in stiffness as the old one.

Anyone know if this is the actual product chevy is using. I thought maybe this piece will bend more instead of snap, like the old one did. But I want to make sure they didn't give me an aftermarket one. Thanks.
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:29 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Question about GM Deflector!

If the original deflector was in fact a GM unit and installed at the time of delivery it is covered against breakage for 3yr or 36k miles under warranty, have the dealer handle this for you.

Also, the factory GM hood shield is manufactured under contract for GM by a company in Australia (MPC), the design for the 07 GMT900 SUV shield has had to be changed 3 times since these went into production.
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:05 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about GM Deflector!

Dave, do you know what the issues with the 07's have been? I am already on my second one and this one has broken again on the mounting tab that is on the middle of the hood (same place where the first one broke).