Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Question about Lifting 07 Tahoe, Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2007, 4:13 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Lifting 07 Tahoe, Warranty?

Hello everyone,
I just had a question....the question is does lifting my 2007 Tahoe void any warranty's? I'm assuming it may void the suspension warranty but would it void the drivetrain, engine, trans?
The reason I ask is because when I had my Tahoe serviced, I asked the guy if I was to lift my truck would it void anything? I don't think he completely answered my question and all I got out of the conversation was that if I had an issue with something on my truck while being lifted and brought it in to see if it is covered under warranty, they would do everything in there powerto relate the issue to the lifting of the truck so they wouldn't have to cover the damages.
What are your guys' thoughts?
Thank you for your time and help. Jay.
Old February 5th, 2007, 5:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Question about Lifting 07 Tahoe, Warranty?

Lifting will only void a normally covered repair if the damage was a direct result of the lift kit or the workmanship of the install.

GM will not chicken schit you out of a repair that any reasonable and prudent person would consider to be covered.

Also, there are many dealerships across the nation that now offer and install factory approved lifts that are covered under the GM new car warranty.