Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Quick question on Nav system for 07 Sububran

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2012, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question on Nav system for 07 Sububran

Ok so heres the deal I dont have the Nav system in my suburban but i do have the rear entertainment system. If i was to get all the parts to put the factory nav into my Burban, will it play a DVD on the Nav screen. I know that on a lot of aftermarket systems it has a disabler that wont allow the dvds to play while the vehicle is in drive, but i also know that there are "tricks" so you can bypass that safety feature. So if it does play DVDs does anyone know a way to enable the play feature while in drive?

Thanks for the input
Old February 26th, 2013, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD while driving/GM Nav System

Sky,

I guess a couple of things I would recommend. First, I have a Factory Installed Nav/DVD system with rear entertainment. The wire harness in the back is standard so if you put a factory Nav system, its pretty much a plug and play (Install should be simple), and yes it will play the DVD on the nav system as well.

Second part is save up to get a GM Lockpick. This allows you to watch DVDs while driving and a whole host of other things, without compromising your vehicle. The other option is look at your desired compatability. If you have steering controls and want to keep it, the On-Star function, etc. THen look for the products that have them included.

The reason I say look at other options is because the GM Nav system has a really bad UI and it still cost around $900. Where as an Alpine Nav/DVD set cost only 100 more and it is just a better system. Good luck.