Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio fades in and out when using Navigation

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2012, 11:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio fades in and out when using Navigation

Have been looking for an answer and have yet to see a post similar to this, but I just purchased an 08 LTZ Sub with all of the bells and whistles. While driving the last few times I have been playing with the navigation, I have noticed that the radio fades in and out repeatedly while driving. I have no problems when the nav is off, but when I have the map up it goes back to in and out. Any ideas out there?
Thanks!
Old January 31st, 2012, 1:03 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Try turning off the Nav audio. When it's on and telling you something, it lowers the radio volume. If this fixes it, then there's a problem in the Nav.
Old January 31st, 2012, 1:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nav audio

i hate that!

not the lowering the normal volume, but the fact that it lowers the normal audio, then you go to grab the controls to raises it, but then it actually raises the damn nav audio level, then it goes back to blaring!

can't win with it!

the nav audio setting should be a % of the volume of the current audio volume.

so you'd set it to say 60% or 80% etc.

then it would always be correct so when the radio is blasting, windows open, the sat nav can be heard, and when the radio is quiet, the sat nav can still be heard.

it's a poor design, but then again so is 95% of the GM etch-a-sketch.
Old January 31st, 2012, 4:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> twstrickland,

73shark offers a great suggestion. Another possibility is that it may need to be reprogrammed. I encourage you to take the vehicle in for a quick inspection.

Louis
GM Customer Service