Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Raido power issue

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raido power issue

Hello everyone I have been a chevy Suburban owner for many years and currently have a 2008 Suburban 1500 LT. Just a few days ago I noticed after starting the engine that the radio clock had went back to 12:00 and the radio station was not on the preset that I normally have it set to. When I went to I noticed that the mm/dd/yy had went back to 1/1/2004 as well. I reset to correct time and date and selected my normal radio preset station. The next time I started the Suburban the same thing had happened and continues to do this after I reset and turn ignition of and then restart. I have not had any other electrical issues and while the Suburban is running everything is normal.

Thanks for any input.

Don
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

could it the the signs of the battery going bad?

Don
Old February 11th, 2012, 4:29 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adonh
could it the the signs of the battery going bad?

Don
Hello and Welcome to the Forum, Don!!

A bad battery would be my first guess. If it has been awhile since you have replaced it, it may be a good idea to get a new one anyways. If that doesn't solve the issue, check the fuse for the audio system and make sure that is good. Also, consider checking all of the connections behind the radio to make sure nothing is loose.

If it continues to occur, even after checking those listed above, my guess would be a bad/inoperative radio head unit. I would not jump to conclusions just yet, but that could be your worse case scenario. Keep us updated. Good Luck!!

Last edited by ChevyFreak; February 11th, 2012 at 4:32 PM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 8:33 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

adonh: Welcome to the forum.
First I'd trying disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes. If that doesn't help, I'd get a free battery check at most any auto parts store.

Curious as to where you get date info displayed? I don't recall seeing that any where on mine.
Old February 12th, 2012, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies I am going to have the battery checked tomorrow and report back.

The date comes up when I press menu and then to reset the time. There is a date MM/DD/YYYY and it reads 1/1/2004 after the Suburban is restarted. This must be for internal purposes since I don't see a date readout on normal operation.

Don
Old February 12th, 2012, 9:11 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

I'll have to try it in the menu option. I always set the time by pressing the time window itself. Don't recall seeing a date.
Old February 14th, 2012, 7:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bad battery time to trade in

Yes it was a bad battery. So I traded the 2008 in for a new 2012 Suburban 1500 LTZ. Well not really just because the battery was bad I was already looking at getting a 2012 anyway but could could not find exactly what I wanted. The the exact color, Silver Ice with black interior, 3.42 rear end, power retractable side steps and towing package and all the LTZ options came up at a local dealer so I went ahead and made the trade today. I am just now trying out all of the LTZ options which are great. The power retractable steps are nice as well, especially for my wife.

My 5th Suburban.

Don