Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Rear Entertainment System Question? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/rear-entertainment-system-question-51490/)

RandallMiller June 28th, 2012 3:00 PM

Rear Entertainment System Question?

Ok, I've got dual drop down screens and 4 wireless head phones. If the two in the backseat have their Game/DVD player plugged into the console red/white/yellow rca inputs and the three in the back are watching the DVD that's being played in the front seat stock system...how will the headphones know whose watching what?

in2pro June 28th, 2012 3:06 PM

Do you have the AUX output jacks available also? perhaps those would be the output for the game console...:confused:

RandallMiller June 28th, 2012 3:10 PM

I think I found my answer HERE If I keep the headphones on channel 1 they belong to the factory DVD, If I switch to channel 2 they play the other audio source. My goal is to have two movies going on at the same time, with the headphones working in concert with the correct screen and myself up front listing to the radio. I'm going to give this a try and see if it works.

AudioVideo2go June 28th, 2012 3:17 PM

Hey Randall - you are right about the channel setting on the side of the headphones. The Channel (1 or 2 ... it may also say a or b) is what tells the headphone which DVD screen to receive a signal from. So, if both headphones are set to Channel 1 , then they will be tuned to whichever DVD screen is transmitting on channel 1. Hope that makes sense :)

SabrToothSqrl June 29th, 2012 7:19 AM

wow

Holy cow, how many critters are back there ;) can't we decide on ONE movie?!

in2pro June 29th, 2012 12:39 PM

We have a quasi rule about the kids getting to watch DVD's on trips... if its a "routine" long trip i.e. visiting relatives out of town/state watching movies and plugging in is permitted... if its a vacation with scenic routes or a new destination... DVD's and plugging in is not allowed, the trip is part of the vacation, seeing new things and soaking it in...sometimes there is a pop quiz afterwards....:eek:

RandallMiller July 1st, 2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl (Post 219870)
Holy cow, how many critters are back there ;) can't we decide on ONE movie?!

Three...it's gonna be a twelve hour trip from ATL to MD....and back....I need as many distractions as possible. It' boils down to Star Wars episode III or Barbie Mermaidia...On a side note I was not able to get the screens to play different video inputs at the same time, according to my manual if I pushed the Aux button on the remote it was supposed to go both screens DVD, then both screens Rear Input, then front screen DVD and rear screen Rear input, and finally front screen on Rear input and rear screen on DVD. But it would only show either source on both screens. I'll have to ask the dealer what I'm doing wrong.

RandallMiller July 1st, 2012 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by in2pro (Post 219891)
We have a quasi rule about the kids getting to watch DVD's on trips... if its a "routine" long trip i.e. visiting relatives out of town/state watching movies and plugging in is permitted... if its a vacation with scenic routes or a new destination... DVD's and plugging in is not allowed, the trip is part of the vacation, seeing new things and soaking it in...sometimes there is a pop quiz afterwards....:eek:

I completely agree, that is also our rule. "Look kids Big Ben Parliament":D

DPLarson July 3rd, 2012 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by RandallMiller (Post 220143)
I completely agree, that is also our rule. "Look kids Big Ben Parliament":D

HAHA, European Vaca, I love that movie.

x3, yep, same here. Just got back from Grand Teton / Yellowstone. The DVD screen was closed and portables (DS/PSP/LeapPad, etc.) were off for the duration. Poor kids, man they have it rough!