Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear Entertainment System Question?

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2012, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Entertainment System Question?

Ok, I've got dual drop down screens and 4 wireless head phones. If the two in the backseat have their Game/DVD player plugged into the console red/white/yellow rca inputs and the three in the back are watching the DVD that's being played in the front seat stock system...how will the headphones know whose watching what?
Old June 28th, 2012, 3:06 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Do you have the AUX output jacks available also? perhaps those would be the output for the game console...
Old June 28th, 2012, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

I think I found my answer HERE If I keep the headphones on channel 1 they belong to the factory DVD, If I switch to channel 2 they play the other audio source. My goal is to have two movies going on at the same time, with the headphones working in concert with the correct screen and myself up front listing to the radio. I'm going to give this a try and see if it works.
Old June 28th, 2012, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Hey Randall - you are right about the channel setting on the side of the headphones. The Channel (1 or 2 ... it may also say a or b) is what tells the headphone which DVD screen to receive a signal from. So, if both headphones are set to Channel 1 , then they will be tuned to whichever DVD screen is transmitting on channel 1. Hope that makes sense
Old June 29th, 2012, 7:19 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking wow

Holy cow, how many critters are back there can't we decide on ONE movie?!
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

We have a quasi rule about the kids getting to watch DVD's on trips... if its a "routine" long trip i.e. visiting relatives out of town/state watching movies and plugging in is permitted... if its a vacation with scenic routes or a new destination... DVD's and plugging in is not allowed, the trip is part of the vacation, seeing new things and soaking it in...sometimes there is a pop quiz afterwards....
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Holy cow, how many critters are back there can't we decide on ONE movie?!
Three...it's gonna be a twelve hour trip from ATL to MD....and back....I need as many distractions as possible. It' boils down to Star Wars episode III or Barbie Mermaidia...On a side note I was not able to get the screens to play different video inputs at the same time, according to my manual if I pushed the Aux button on the remote it was supposed to go both screens DVD, then both screens Rear Input, then front screen DVD and rear screen Rear input, and finally front screen on Rear input and rear screen on DVD. But it would only show either source on both screens. I'll have to ask the dealer what I'm doing wrong.
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
We have a quasi rule about the kids getting to watch DVD's on trips... if its a "routine" long trip i.e. visiting relatives out of town/state watching movies and plugging in is permitted... if its a vacation with scenic routes or a new destination... DVD's and plugging in is not allowed, the trip is part of the vacation, seeing new things and soaking it in...sometimes there is a pop quiz afterwards....

I completely agree, that is also our rule. "Look kids Big Ben Parliament"
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandallMiller
I completely agree, that is also our rule. "Look kids Big Ben Parliament"
HAHA, European Vaca, I love that movie.

x3, yep, same here. Just got back from Grand Teton / Yellowstone. The DVD screen was closed and portables (DS/PSP/LeapPad, etc.) were off for the duration. Poor kids, man they have it rough!