Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Reduced power stable link code??

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2016, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced power stable link code??

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe and am having major issues. I start it and get a stable link issue or service 4 wheel drive but I have no throttle. The Engine runs super rough. I brought it in and they cleaned the throttle body and it ran fine for about a week. Now same thing. I saw on here that the on star is a issue but I unplugged mine and it's still doing it. I have four kids and this is my only car. I don't have a fortune to keep bringing it in. And advice would be helpful. This is my third Chevy but since I got it it has been one thing after another.
Old January 1st, 2016, 5:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

never heard of stable link?

get the trouble codes read and post them here. This information will be required to diagnose the problem.
Old January 1st, 2016, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default It's a reduced power indicator

If I had a code reader I would have posted that. I have heard it's a known issue and just thought someone could help. I heard it has to do with the onstar computer but when I disable it of course that Tahoe thinks everything not working and lights up my dash like a Christmas tree.
Old January 1st, 2016, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Stable link is a traction control
Old January 1st, 2016, 9:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

stability control and traction control are different systems.

if you have a problem with the drive by wire throttle system, a power reduction message with appear in the dic . the abs, traction and stability control systems will also be disabled. if the engine is misfiring it will set the abs, tcs an scs lights also.

nothing can be done without the codes. they will be the diagnostic starting point. get them read and post them here. if you live in the states, autozone will read them for free.

Last edited by tech2; January 1st, 2016 at 9:52 PM.
Old January 1st, 2016, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you. I will get them red tomorrow.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 10:23 AM
CF Veteran

theres a few common issues on these that are fairly easy fixes but no use in wasting time or money without knowing the codes