Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

remote programming problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2016, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote programming problem!!!!

I have 2 remotes that DID work. I unhooked the negative side of the battery to remove the radio and install an aftermarket radio. After install, my remotes didn't work. So I went to reprogram them and after I hold down unlock and cycle the key on and off twice, I can hear the programming start... then 3 seconds later the truck locks and unlocks and the horn beeps to signify programming is over. Does anyone know a fix for this..... not really sure why this is happening. I even installed the old radio to make sure that wasn't it and it still did it. I cannot program the remotes and I have followed the directions to a "T"... Please help
Old July 5th, 2016, 6:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can google and find your particular make/model. As example, my 1999 Tahoe has a port under the steering wheel area that has two rows of pins. The TOP ROW is number 1-8 starting
on the left side. Use a paper clip and JUMP from 4 to 8, then the locks will automatic cycle. After this hold down the LOCK/UNLOCK button on the remote that will activate the locks again, programing complete.
David g.