Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2007, 2:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

I just bought an 07 Tahoe last weekend. We did not buy it with Remote Start but apparantly it is AP8 equipped. I know I can buy the remotes on ebay, but what doI have to do to get the remote start enabled? If this isn't possible, please let me know. Thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 3:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Remote Start

Welcome to the forum. As a member you can do a search on stuff like this. Since you are new I did the leg work for you. Good luck

Read this thread https://chevroletforum.com/m_10103/tm.htm
Old March 22nd, 2007, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

I just recently got my 2007 Tahoe and just had the remote start option put in. I bought the remotes from gmpartsdirect and that came with the instructions and the code needed for the dealer to use for the install. It was basically just two new remote key fobs and the code, the dealer charged me for 1.5 hours, total was right around $300.00 for everything (remotes and install).

I also would recommend moving the antenna wire that is posted somewhere on this site, easy to do and well worth it.

Been a long time reader and first time poster.
Thank you all.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:13 AM
CF Junior Member

I thought all 2007 Tahoes come with remote start from the factory? My sticker shows it as standard equipment (LT model), so why are you guys having to pay for remotes etc.??? I also removed the antenna wire from the rear column and ran it up the edge of the rear pillar, didgain a little bit of distance but not much.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

I think it is only standard on the LT2, LT3, LTZ, Z71.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Tahoe LT1 is wired for it but needs to have the PCM (??) reprogrammed for it to work and they need a code for it to be done, I'm told only a dealer can do this reprogramming. My dealer wanted to install an aftermarket remote start andI had to tell them that it can be done by reprogrammingit (after reading about it on this forum). I gave them the part number for the remote start and they said it just includes two new fobs. So i ordered the part and took it to the dealer and had them read the instructions (with the code) and they had it done in 1.5 hours. This was the first one they ever did and now know how to do it.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 1:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Oh sorry guys mine is the not the base model LT but it is a LT2. Always kinda wondered why I paid 10 grand more for the LT2. Makes it worth it now! ha-ha-ha-ha-ha