Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

removing blood from carpet/upholstery

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2008, 8:31 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default removing blood from carpet/upholstery

You don’t want to give the stain any extra time to set in so immediate action is key. First, try dampening a cloth with cold water and blot the stained area. Don’t rub. Rubbing will spread the stain and may cause it to set in deeper. As the blood comes off the affected area, rinse the cloth again and keep gently blotting until no more of the stain can be lifted. You can also blot the area with a baby wipe. Believe it or not, these are they’re excellent for removing stains from carpet and furniture as well. They’re gentle and won’t harm most fabrics.

If further stain removal is necessary, try mixing one teaspoon of a neutral detergent – that is a detergent with no bleaches or alkalies – with one cup of lukewarm water and gently blot. Don’t use hot water or any kind of heat for stain removal. Heat causes stains to set and will make it more difficult to clean. After blotting with the detergent solution, mix one tablespoon of household ammonia to a cup of water and again gently blot until no more of the stain can be lifted.

You can also try sponging the stain with hydrogen peroxide. Keep in mind, however, that this is a bleaching agent so you may want to test the solution first on a hidden area of your carpet or furniture. Another home remedy is to make a paste of salt or meat tenderizer and cold water. Let this sit for 30 minutes and then sponge with cool water. As with the bleach, test on a hidden area first.

Your kitchen provides an assortment of stain fighting home remedies. Vinegar is an awesome spot remover. Not only does it remove blood, but it also works well on coffee, chocolate and just about anything else than can be tracked in or spilled. Use full strength for best results. The area may smell at first, but that will clear up in no time.
A paste of cornstarch, cornmeal or talcum powder mixed with cold water also works well to absorb bloodstains. Leave the paste on the stain for about 30 minutes and remove with a cold sponge. This works best for fresh stains. Another paste you can try is dried laundry starch and cold water. Allow the paste to dry and then brush or vacuum.

Don’t forget the club soda, another tried and true home remedy. The bubbles react with the blood to help loosen the stain. Sponge the stain as soon as possible with the soda and some cold water and then blot with a towel. Repeat as often as necessary.
Old August 11th, 2008, 8:35 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: removing blood from carpet/upholstery

Hair spray works well for ballpoint pen ink.

Spot Shot is a good remover for lots of bad stuff.
Old August 11th, 2008, 8:39 PM
Administrator

did you know there the same folks that make WD-40 (Spot Shot)
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Noticed at one time but had forgotten. Now that you mention WD-40, I've heard that it's a good spot remover also.
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to buy enzymatic pet stain removers. I think it works on all pets' dirt to a carpet. The enzymes work on the stain to remove the blood also.

Last edited by rachelanne16; July 30th, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can't get the stain out you can buy a carpet paint to fix the area that is stained. it comes in a spary can and is for capret. I have got most stains out with the steam cleaner. I steam clean twice a year and it makes things look new again.
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i first saw this.i thought hmm in2pro must of killed somebody lol
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

Hookers do seem to have a lot of blood in them lately... what happed to the ones years ago that could take a punch?

(no, I do not advocate violence, but the title is funny).
Old July 29th, 2010, 3:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by gotstylez
when i first saw this.i thought hmm in2pro must of killed somebody lol

LOL kinda funny though its taken 2 years to get a rise out of the post

Disclaimer: no one was harmed in the creation of the post

Last edited by in2pro; July 29th, 2010 at 3:20 PM.
Old July 29th, 2010, 3:29 PM
Administrator

Default speaking of...

I did find a very cool tool for which to explore said vehicle and or hotel room with ... its a 395 nM UV Ultra Violet 21 LED flash light and has proven quite an interesting toy to play with inside the Tahoe esp when the kids say they didn't spill/splash anything.... the UV light tells all....

Its available at Amazon for about 12 bucks.....
Attached Thumbnails  removing blood from carpet/upholstery-395-nm-uv-ultra-violet-21-led_.jpg  

Quick Reply: removing blood from carpet/upholstery