Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replaced trans and now gear indicator block/gas gauge/engine temp wont work

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2017, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced trans and now gear indicator block/gas gauge/engine temp wont work

Hi,
I replaced my transmission and neutral safety switch on 2001 chevy tahoe LS. Its a 4l60E trans. Trans works freat but I have a s*** load of lights that are now illuminated and gauges that wont work. Gauge for my gas, gauge for my engine temp, gear indication block not lighting up (can see p,r,n,d,1,2,3) just not the block indicating the gear. I think it has something to do with the wiring harness that goes into the neutral safety switch. I dropped trans before and same thing happens. I shoved the harness into the neutral safety amd boom there all gone. Now I am having exact same problem but after shoving it in still nothing. I was wondering if theses gauges and lights have anything to do with the wiring that goes into the neutral safety or if I just got lucky the first time ? Please any knowledge would be greatly appreciated !
Old January 3rd, 2017, 9:35 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

Did you check for any blown fuses? Also check for damage to the wiring harness such as stripped or broken wires.