Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Retaining Water

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2009, 8:35 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Retaining Water

does anyone else get as ticked as me when the NBS retains water freakin every where?!

I wash it, scrub it, wash it, dry it, dry the wheels, the running boards, the glass, shine the tires, put it in the garage all night... 2+ hrs here...

drive it to work....

WATER runs out of the 3rd brake light that's as big as a civic (the spoiler) and ruin's the back!!!!

When washing it, if you squeeze the roof rack front, it POURS like a gallon out of it!!!

what do i Have to do to maintain it CLEAN?!

then some 18wheeler got water all over the front, i want to scream1!!!!sdfdglsadjfoiahj

FRFKJSHFAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I want a freaking force field from star trek to keep my tahoe clean, how is that coming along GM?! lol
Old October 26th, 2009, 7:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL...I hear ya!

My neighbors think I'm nuts when I do this, but before I wipe down my vehicles with my microfiber towels I hit all those seams & crevices at the mirrors, roof rack, spoilers, trim molding, etc with my leaf blower. Nothing like 150mph winds blowing all that trapped water out.

It doesn't get it all, but I would guess over 90%.

JP
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by golf_ne_1
LOL...I hear ya!

My neighbors think I'm nuts when I do this, but before I wipe down my vehicles with my microfiber towels I hit all those seams & crevices at the mirrors, roof rack, spoilers, trim molding, etc with my leaf blower. Nothing like 150mph winds blowing all that trapped water out.

It doesn't get it all, but I would guess over 90%.

JP
I'm gonna try that!!!
Old October 27th, 2009, 8:00 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nice

well, add me, I think your nuts... sometimes after I wash it, I do a quick loop of the 'hood to slide the water out, then hand dry it... did no one study how hard it would be to wash when they designed it?!
Old October 27th, 2009, 9:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Talking

Well, I've been called worse!

You're cruise around the "hood" to blow the water out reminds me of the time I decided to do that, several years ago, in a Maxima I owned. I had the bright idea to get up on the freeway and get up to 100mph...to "really" get all that troublesome water out. It was early in the morning, no other cars around, so I thought...what the hell.

Unfortunately, the State Trooper I came across didn't agree with my tactics! That turned out to be an expensive car wash!

JP
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Count me as one who mentioned this three years ago. I just go around and wick the water out of the moldings, trim, grill crevices, headlites, CHMSL, and side moldings. Takes about 5-10 minutes more.